In 2011, Mercy announced a major initiative to serve the St. Charles County, Lincoln County and Warren County communities in a more meaningful and comprehensive way. The journey would allow Mercy to expand not only their physical presence in these areas, but also to offer leadership, support and participation in activities that would establish Mercy as a trusted member of the community. Mercy Leadership recognized Kolbeco’s strong position and leadership in this Tri-County expansion region, and called upon our team to help spearhead community relations throughout the process.
After a series of discovery and strategy sessions with Mercy Leadership, Kolbeco developed and executed a plan to connect Mercy with influencers and influentials in the Tri-County Region. This process included:
- Developing a customized, targeted list
- Facilitating one-on-one meetings with key community leaders which included elected officials, economic development heads, non-profit leaders, public and private school principals, superintendents and teachers, and religious leaders
- Working with Mercy’s team to coordinate a series of community roundtables to learn what citizens’ needs and desires for health care are
- Advising on timing, strategy and logistics for special events such as ground breakings and ribbon cuttings
- Developing messaging for events and key issues related to the Tri-County Expansion
- Creating a calendar of events for Mercy’s participation and support, and working with the Mercy team to execute the events.
Mercy’s presence in the Tri-County region has been welcomed by citizens and community leaders alike, who have noted the sincere efforts by Mercy to live up to its initiative to be an active and trusted member of the community whose mission extends beyond the walls of their clinics and hospitals. To date, three new Mercy Clinics have opened in Tri-County, and the Mercy Kids Mid Rivers Facility is currently under construction with a Fall 2014 anticipated opening. They have delivered on their promise to open more locations and bring more physicians to Tri-County, they’ve created successful partnerships with municipalities and non-profits, they’ve contributed to the community in a meaningful way, and have engaged co-workers, who have become true ambassadors for Mercy in the Tri-County region and beyond.
Click for slideshow